As the winter winds begin to fade and the signs of spring begin to show, it’s important to not lose track of those all-important resolutions you hopefully made to start the year. Our team is here to keep our resolutions of ensuring our patients have the finest treatments and services at their disposal for a complete oral health care overhaul.
Keeping your mouth healthy means keeping your mouth safe. Avoid these everyday risks to your teeth and gums:
– Bruxism, which is an ailment where you unconsciously grind your teeth, can slowly wear down your teeth over time. Our team can offer treatment plans for bruxism.
– Tongue piercings may seem fashionable and cool for many but a single wrong move could spell tragedy for your lips, teeth, and gums. Metal parts can loosen over time and become choking risks or chip and crack your teeth.
– Biting on your nails could potentially chip or fracture your teeth, not to mention the added risk of all sorts of bad bacteria and germs being introduced to your mouth.
– Never attempt to open belongings with your teeth. This is an easy way to give yourself an oral injury and put your teeth in grave danger.
– If you play any sports or practice any dangerous stunts, always make sure to wear a mouth guard or facemask. A single shot to the head can easily knock out multiple teeth or fracture your jaw.
If you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chet B. Hawkins at our office in Boerne, Texas, please call us at 830-443-4352. We would love to provide you with all your oral health care needs!