Oftentimes, mouth sores are benign and will go away on their own; however, getting to the root of why you get them can help in eliminating them – for good! At [ practice_name], we offer solutions for you to consider, when you contact us at [phone].
First, there are a variety of mouth sore origins, some of which may surprise you and include:
• Sharp teeth that can irritate the gums in the back of the mouth can cause sores to develop
• Poorly fitting dentures
• Mouth burns from too hot liquids and food
• Chewing tobacco
• Cold sores caused by the herpes simplex virus
• Hormone Changes
• Weakened immune system, due to disease or autoimmune issues
• Cancer of the mouth (rare)
• Infections, such as hand-foot-mouth disease or abscesses.
• Oral medications, such as aspirin, beta-blockers, sulfa drugs, and chemotherapy
Most of these causes can be remedied fairly quickly, while others may need attention from the dentist. For instance, sharp teeth or poorly fitting dentures and braces can be fixed by either shaving some of the tooth so it does not rub against the gums and create irritations. Antibiotics can eliminate infections, while hormone changes and immune system weakness can be remedied by a doctor.
Dr. [doctor_name] can examine your mouth and determine what the causes may be and the best options for treating mouth sores in [city], [state]. We invite you to call us for more information or to make an appointment with our skilled dentist. Our goal is to prevent many dental conditions, but if you do need dental work, you can count on our dental team to deliver excellent service to you and your family. Please, call us today!